When you’re out on the lake fishing or just cruising around, you want to make sure your boat stays in one place. An electric anchor winch for pontoon boats can do just that!
These handy devices use a motor to pull up your anchor and keep your boat in place. In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of electric anchor winches available and how to choose the right one for your boat.
We’ll also go over how to install and use an electric anchor winch on your pontoon boat.We will also showcase the best ones on the market.
The Trac Outdoors Products Pontoon 35 Electric Anchor Winch is a great product for people who love to fish. It is easy to use and helps keep your boat in one place. This unit comes with an up/down switch on the housing of the unit.
You can add a TRAC T10116 which is a wireless remote kit or a TRAC T10115 Wired Second Switch kit.
With either of these additions, the switch on the cover works as well as the Fob (T10116) or the 2nd switch mounted at the helm (T10115).
The power cord is 25′ long and has a storage bag included. This unit also has a five-year warranty.
What’s Included In The Package
- 100-feet of 3/16-inch pre-wound braided anchor rope
- Separate or integrated anchor roller
- Circuit breaker
- Sealed membrane UP/DOWN switch
- Marine-grade battery wire
- Assembly hardware
- Note: Anchor not included
Features Of The Trac Outdoors Products Pontoon 35 Electric Anchor Winch
Here are 5 features that make this electric anchor winch a must-have for anyone who owns a pontoon boat:
- Easy-to-use hand control. The Trac Outdoors Products Pontoon 35 Electric Anchor Winch has a simple push-button operation that makes it easy to use for everyone.
- Durable construction. The Trac Outdoors Products Pontoon 35 Electric Anchor Winch is made with heavy-duty materials that are built to last.
- Quiet operation. The Trac Outdoors Products Pontoon 35 Electric Anchor Winch runs quietly so you can enjoy your time on the water without being disturbed by loud noises.
- Portability. The Trac Outdoors Products Pontoon 35 Electric Anchor Winch is designed to be easily transported so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- Affordable price. The Trac Outdoors Products Pontoon 35 Electric Anchor Winch is priced competitively so you can get the most bang for your buck.
Best Electric Anchor Winch for Pontoon Boats:Pontoon 35 Electric Anchor Winch
About The Company
The Camco company started in 1966 and is still going strong today. They offer a wide variety of services, from RV and automotive repairs to custom made parts and accessories. One thing that sets Camco apart from other companies is their customer service.
They are always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I have had, and they go out of their way to make sure I am satisfied with their work. Camco is a company that truly cares about its customers, and it shows in everything they do.
Considerations when choosing an Electric Anchor Winch for Pontoon Boats
Here is a detailed list of considerations before buying an Electric Anchor Winch for Pontoon Boats:
-The first consideration is the weight of your anchor. An electric winch should be able to easily handle the weight of your anchor, plus a little extra.
-The second consideration is the size and shape of your pontoon boat. You will need to make sure that the winch you choose is compatible with the size and shape of your boat.
-The third consideration is the type of water you will be using your pontoon boat in. Electric winches are not designed for saltwater use, so if you plan on using your pontoon boat in saltwater, you will need to choose a different type of winch.
-The fourth consideration is the price. Electric anchor winches can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. You will need to decide how much you are willing to spend on an electric anchor winch before you start shopping.
-The fifth and final consideration is the warranty. Many electric anchor winches come with a limited warranty. You will want to make sure that the winch you choose comes with a warranty that covers the parts and labor for at least a year.
How To Install an Electric Anchor Winch On Your Pontoon Boat:5 Easy Steps
Installing an electric anchor winch on your pontoon boat is simple if you follow our step-by-step guideline:
- Gather the necessary materials first: an electric anchor winch, a mounting plate, bolts, washers, and nuts (if you’re using them), and a screwdriver. In addition, a power drill and a wrench set will be required.
- In order to install the mounting plate, you must first choose an appropriate place. You must make certain that the place you chose is capable of supporting the weight of the anchor winch before moving on. Once you’ve chosen an appropriate spot, use the power drill to create holes for the bolts to go through.
- Once this is completed, it will be necessary to attach the electric anchor winch to the pontoon boat. Install the mounting plate first, and then tighten the bolts to hold it in place. After that, attach the electric anchor winch to the mounting plate with the bolts, washers, and nuts that were previously installed.
- At the end of the process, you must connect the electric anchor winch to a power source. It is necessary to test the winch after everything has been correctly linked to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- That’s all there is to it! After completing the installation of an electric anchor winch on your pontoon boat, you may enjoy your new toy. As long as you properly followed the procedures outlined above, the entire process should be rather uncomplicated.
However, if you encounter any difficulties, don’t be afraid to seek assistance from a knowledgeable specialist.
How to Maintain Your Electric Anchor Winch
An electric anchor winch can make life much easier when it comes to anchoring your pontoon boat. However, like all electrical equipment, it does require some maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Here are a few tips on how to maintain your electric anchor winch:
– Check the wires and connections regularly for any signs of wear or damage.
– Keep the winch clean and free of debris to prevent any build-up that could cause problems.
– Make sure the battery is properly charged and in good condition. A weak or damaged battery will not be able to provide enough power to run the winch effectively.
Compare Other Electric Anchor Winch for Pontoon Boats
|Top Top||Trac Outdoors Deckboat 40 AutoDeploy-G3 Electric Anchor Winch - Anchors Up to 40 lb. - Includes 100-feet of Pre-Wound Anchor Rope with Use (69005), Gray||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Minn Kota 1810141 Pontoon Deckhand Electric Anchor Winch, 40 lb Anchor Capacity||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Pactrade Marine Boat Pontoon Electric Anchor Winch 100 ft Rope Freshwater for Anchor Up to 30lbs 1-(Pack)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Trac Outdoors Mounting Plate for G3 Fisherman 25, Angler 30, Pontoon 35 and Deckboat 40 Anchor Winches | Safely Secures Your Anchor Winch (69071)||Prime||Buy Now|
Having an electric anchor winch on your pontoon boat will make your boating experience much better knowing that you no longer have to physically pull your anchor out of the sand or mud. We hope this guide was able to help you make a sound decision on choosing a electric anchor winch.